Sunday, May 06, 2007

Woke up this morning still reeling from last night's loss.  :(  The cure to my blues?  Music.  Lots of it.  Even if it is...

As is a new sunday morning custom, I ran across a hot drop on Breath of Life: Terry Callier's "Dancing Girl" (search Terry Callier, select What Colour is Love).  Listening more to a couple of his songs "Love is all that keep me faithful," in particular, bring me back.  Not as far back as when the songs orginally came out in the 1970s, but back to my living room back in Htown with my dad jamming in the next room.  Damn and "Butterfly" is giving me Fertile Ground-esque or rather Fertile Ground has conjured TC.  Nice.

I measure my music in different ways.  When I nod, I'm there.  When I feel it so much I gotta sing it, I'm there.  When my friends recommend it, I'm there.  When it conjures up memories of my dad jamming out on a sunday morning, I'm so there.  This is definitely going on my get-list.

Here's a snippet from the Breath of Life review about why record companies flood the waves with what we got now:

"We know the answer (because the music industry is about making money and not primarily about making music) but do not be fooled, they don't have to sell aural dope to make money. Part of the reason for pushing the music that is pushed is because such music is not only entertaining, but also because the music is politically backwards. The majority of today's popular music keeps its audience in ignorance. We are not inspired to think or examine our conditions. The radio and MTV are an anesthesia designed to keep us passive."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home