Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Finally!!!

I *totally* 100% enthusiastically agree with this David Pogue's blog post re the overuse of power point

With my fellowship over the past year I've gone to many technical workshops and trainings.  I found the best workshops were the ones that *did* not use power point.  As a matter of fact I took in a lot more when I had to delineate which ideas were most interesting to me and take notes on those items.  The *worst* is when folks just read off the power point bullet points, I'm like, well either we need you or we need your pc, not both!

Finally!!!

2 Comments:

  • OMG, Andre, I have been complaining about inefficient, stupid use of powerpoint by professors all year. They cram too much information into a slide, rush through it, and then you're trying to decide if you should go with what they're saying or what they put on the screen as more important. I rather just take my own notes. And then if the computer doesn't work, class can't begin until the power point is functioning. Yeesh!

    Thanks for the post.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/03/2007 10:44:00 AM  

  • hey anca!

    thats a great point too. to the death! ;)

    *hugs*

    By Blogger Andre Lancaster, at 5/03/2007 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home