Well, at least his heart was in the right place.
I had high hopes for Gov Spitzer. He was going to come in and change Albany. Knock down the three-headed, politically corrupt monster in the state's capital. Bring power back to progressive Democrats in state run by neo-conservatives since the early 90s. This is a man who had the audacity to be pro-gay marriage with a political record and resume that screamed future U.S. Presidential candidate.
But then Spitzer-gate happened. And bad poll numbers happened. And that whole weird Driver's License drama that my boy Obama kinda helped fan happened. And now this.
Sigh.
I was struck by one NYTimes.com reader's comment reacting to today's news:
Another commenter, identified as Tom Conroy, had this to say: “Spitzer’s governorship, thus far, has been a case book example of the ‘Peter Principle’ at work. A hitherto successful public servant has stumbled badly, perhaps irrevocably, by rising above the limit of his own competence.


2 Comments:
I will never forget that NYS Democrats failed to back former Comptroller H. Carl McCall when he ran for governor in 2002, choosing instead to hold off until Spitzer had more experience and could run in 2006. His administration has been a total bust, and I'm not entirely unhappy.
By
Bernie, at 3/10/2008 06:53:00 PM
Well that turned out all peaches and cream, didn't it?
By
Andre Lancaster, at 3/10/2008 07:05:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home