Letter to Congressman Towns of New York (CD 10)
Feel free to copy and paste the jest of this letter and send it to your own Congressperson. -A.
= = =
Dear Mr. Towns,
I am a registered voter in Bed Stuy. I am disappointed that you decided to preempt the people's primary vote by giving your superdelegate support to Senator Clinton before the New York Primary and before the rest of the country's primary voting ends later this year. The vote totals in CD 10 have not been released publicly yet on the NYC Board of Elections website, but in Brooklyn as a whole Barack Obama ran strongly against Senator Clinton as per The New York Times.
I disagree with your choice to preempt the people. Should in a future CD 10 election a candidate for Congress arise who values the people's voice over political favors, I will seriously consider supporting him or her.
Best,
Andre L.
= = =
Dear Mr. Towns,
I am a registered voter in Bed Stuy. I am disappointed that you decided to preempt the people's primary vote by giving your superdelegate support to Senator Clinton before the New York Primary and before the rest of the country's primary voting ends later this year. The vote totals in CD 10 have not been released publicly yet on the NYC Board of Elections website, but in Brooklyn as a whole Barack Obama ran strongly against Senator Clinton as per The New York Times.
I disagree with your choice to preempt the people. Should in a future CD 10 election a candidate for Congress arise who values the people's voice over political favors, I will seriously consider supporting him or her.
Best,
Andre L.
Labels: elect this


1 Comments:
Great letter, Andre. Everyone whose Congressperson is already committing their votes like this must speak out and let officials like Towns know that they need to reconsider. Ultimately, though, the Democratic Party needs to jettison this whole "superdelegate" system, which, like the caucuses, is meant to limit and control the truly democratic decisions of voters.
By
John K, at 2/19/2008 10:09:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home