Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Must!



Often times folks will hear me say a few words (out of the side of my mouth) at some of bk's house parties i frequent (Fort Greene Soul Summit Music Festival, BK Mecca, etc) that I'd wish there were more of us in the life doing it in those spontaneous dance circles. Givin the str8 folks a taste of our own circle jerk, if ya will. Of course this is said while I'm completely soaked with sweat and flaring about here and there - feelin n freein' the spirit. And not taking my own advice and just jump in thur! ...I can still say a few words of feedback tho!

But you know when you put something out in the universe you betta watch out cause BAM!

This past week at Soul Summit with Gordon Parks -oops correction! Gordon Chambers! but that wld've been something else, wouldn't tho? ;) - throwin down his voice on stage was the universe's first "Andre, open your eyes" message. Then I get this from BK Mecca's Santiago in my mailbox this morning...

Urban Roots Project
Abstract Urban Roots Dance Showcase
Monday, July 31st @ SOBs.

This looks like a promisingly intense and sweaty affair. Icon Willie Ninja? Come on now. I also *think* Dance Warrior is this hot dance troupe that I saw at BK Mecca back in Feburary and that I also see at the Soul Summit parties.

I'll be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home