star bucked
"You drank coffee, Andre?" yells my dad from the kitchen.
"No."
"You mean you don't drank at Starbucks no more?" Again with the questions! I'm trying to read Howard Kurtz's Media Notes column on washingtonpost.com, clearly something i *don't* get to do every morning in New York!
"I've never drank anything from Starbucks." A lie that only I can disprove. I have dranken Starbucks. And I have even driven 20 minutes to Houston's white neighhorhoods to get me some frappacino - this is pre collegiate activist of course.
But my political maturity will not be second guessed this morning.
Resigned that his narrative, his picture of me, his son being a cool, artsy Starbucks drankin brotha was flawed, my dad let out a weak, "Oh."
"No."
"You mean you don't drank at Starbucks no more?" Again with the questions! I'm trying to read Howard Kurtz's Media Notes column on washingtonpost.com, clearly something i *don't* get to do every morning in New York!
"I've never drank anything from Starbucks." A lie that only I can disprove. I have dranken Starbucks. And I have even driven 20 minutes to Houston's white neighhorhoods to get me some frappacino - this is pre collegiate activist of course.
But my political maturity will not be second guessed this morning.
Resigned that his narrative, his picture of me, his son being a cool, artsy Starbucks drankin brotha was flawed, my dad let out a weak, "Oh."


3 Comments:
p.s. my dad the next day cracked my face. after i applauded him for remembering something "right" about me...yes i've been in and out of jackass tease mode with my father... he was like, "what you mean finally something right? i used to drop your sorry butt off at starbucks ALL THE TIME." crack crack crackED. My stepmom, mae then pulled the broom out of the pantry and began sweeping my broken smartass face off the floor.
aahh home sweet home.
By
Andre Lancaster, at 11/23/2005 08:36:00 PM
that is too much man it is my sister that holds the official face cracking stick in my world and does she ever LOVE to wield it like a sword in public
By
Louis Casinelli, at 11/28/2005 09:53:00 PM
lol. i hear that. yeah my dad really got me, but i was asking for it... with my too-smart-behind. thanks for your comment. keep 'em coming...
your new blog is promising, keep it coming!
light.
By
Andre Lancaster, at 11/29/2005 08:34:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home